Tagged again! Hoohoo! Okay, here’s the meme:
Ground Rules: Write a blog entry about your Five Guilty Pleasures, state the rules clearly, and tag five people to carry it on.
You cannot imagine, and it would kill me to tell you, how hard it was to limit this list to just five. That’s right, I’m a freakshow.
- Okay, since I was tagged by a fellow knitter, number one will be Knitting. It’s so tactile, so rewarding, so fun. The rhythm is lulling, and it keeps my fidgety hands busy. I especially love knitting plain ol’ jersey in the round while I read – in fact, it really helps me focus when I have to study. I love cabling. Unfortunately, I buy a lot of yarn that I don’t wind up using. I have a real problem throwing anything away. None of my relatives are really into hand-knit stuff, and I don’t knit quite well enough to sell it. Hence the guilt. I really do it only for myself, because there is no one else to benefit from it.
- Genre Fiction! Novels! The fun kind, not the weighty Block o’ Literary Merit kind. What lit-snobs call “trash” and I call a cracking good story. Jennifer Crusie, Lois McMaster Bujold, Elizabeth Peters, Jasper Fforde, Christopher Moore! Hahahahaha! I’m not sure why I feel like I should be Improving My Mind every time I pick up a book. I’m not sure why these books are less Improving than some big depressing tome where everybody dies. But still.
- Movies. Same as above, the fluffo stuff. I don’t go to be scared, or to provoke thought, or to jerk tears. Poignant, my ass. Make me laugh or gimme my seven bucks back. Nyah.
- Chocolate milk. Yeah, me and the nine-year-olds. What can I say? It’s yummy.
- Blogging! I spend way too much time on it. I read other people’s blogs and am so impressed, and then I come to mine and think, meh. But still, it’s a compulsion. I wish I were a better writer, and I guess that’s where the guilt comes in. People make me laugh, and I do my best to return the favor.
Thanks, E! That was fun.